Monday, October 10, 2005

Fiddler's Convention 2005 a Blast!



Yeehaw!!! Got the usual steak sandwich and funnel cake, played with various groups on my banjo, and enjpoyed some great pickin at the competition. For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, Athens State hosts the annual Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddler's Convention each October. Great fun if you're into bluegrass/gospel music and good food. Jam sessions, craft booths, games, food, and of course the competitions. It was this past weekend, and since I was toting around my banjo, I didn't get pics. Surprising, I know, so I found a couple on the web. Can't wait tll next years convention!

4 Comments:

Blogger DragonChick said...

I really wanted to go to that, but I asked too late. like right when we should have been there. The Tate Farm thing was on the same night. Thats so dumb because we didnt have enough people to go and we go every year! Its so fun when we go at night and go through the hay maze. This is the first year we havent gone.just cause the fiddlers convention was on the same night... >:(

Monday, 17 October, 2005  
Blogger banjodude said...

Sawy! Missed ya'll Sunday...

Thursday, 20 October, 2005  
Blogger DragonChick said...

really? I feel so luved! lol!

Saturday, 22 October, 2005  
Blogger Jordo said...

for real!!! that was so mean of ya'll!!! if one of you came it wouldn't have been that bad, but both of you didn't come!!!!

Friday, 04 November, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home