Friday, August 12, 2005

An Atheist

A young woman teacher with obvious liberal tendencies explains to her class of small children that she is an atheist. She asks her class if they are atheists too. Not really knowing what atheism is but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands explode into the air like fleshy fireworks.
There is, however, one exception. A beautiful girl named Lucy has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different.
"Because I'm not an atheist."
Then, asks the teacher, "What are you?"
"I'm a Christian."
The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Lucy why she is a Christian.
"Well, I was brought up knowing and loving Jesus. My mom is a Christian, and my dad is a Christian, so I am a Christian."
The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly.
"What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. What would you be then?"
She paused, and smiled. "Then," says Lucy, "I'd be an atheist."

11 Comments:

Blogger Jordo said...

aww that's cute!! Our internet connection has been messed up for the last few days, so that's why I haven't been saying anything. hey, tell Josh that I said Happy Birthday, and that he is very old. lol

Sunday, 14 August, 2005  
Blogger Jordo said...

Does Josh Loum still do sound at New Life??? because it is 6:15 on sunday night, and he is still at my house.

Sunday, 14 August, 2005  
Blogger Jordo said...

work at the sound booth, I mean.

Sunday, 14 August, 2005  
Blogger banjodude said...

In the mornings, he does.

Monday, 15 August, 2005  
Blogger DragonChick said...

:)

Monday, 15 August, 2005  
Blogger Jordo said...

are you okay?? you haven't said anything all day, if I need to remind you. lol

Monday, 15 August, 2005  
Blogger Jordo said...

ya'll need to come to karate tomorrow, okay?? tell me if you are. Please do!!! (come)

Monday, 15 August, 2005  
Blogger Jordo said...

Yet again, never mind. lol this is terrible!!! I have to help Rachel babysit from like 3-9. SORRY!!!! I wish I could come. I would much see ya'll than babysit, but that is just not an option at the present moment. :( Sniff sniff ):

Tuesday, 16 August, 2005  
Blogger Jordo said...

I'll try again Thursday!!! I promise.

Tuesday, 16 August, 2005  
Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

heh, liked that one

Tuesday, 16 August, 2005  
Blogger Jordo said...

didn't make it thursday either :( Mike is taking Karate now. kinda strange. I'm probly gonna hafta stay home with my little sisters all lot of times. :(

Friday, 19 August, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home